Are you READY for one of the largest empowerment events in Ontario on 29th September? The first 100 attendees receive an awesome gift bag worth $40+.
WELCOME to Experience Your Life Expo! This post contains important information about the schedule, arrival time and breakout sessions at the expo on 29th Sep. Please review this in detail.
We are also honoured to receive greetings and support from the Prime Minister of Canada and commitment to attend from several dignitaries and public/private sector leaders.
Partial list of 2018 exhibitors include:
- Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS), Defence Research and Development Canada / National Defence
- Royal Canadian Navy
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Canadian Security and Intelligence Service
- Office of Commissionner of Official Languages
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Ministry of Natural Resources
- Ministry of Corrections and Community Safety
- York Regional Police
- International Experience Canada
- Young Canada Works (Quebec)
- Ministry of Education
- Federal Economic Development Agency of Canada
- Innovate Canada
- St John Ambulance
- Elevate Aviation
- Engineers Without Borders
- Project Management Institute
- Not Just Tourists
- Wilfred Laurier University
- Durham Regional Police Force
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Mississauga Business and Enterprise Centre
- Change Her World
As well as senior leaders from:
- City of Mississauga
- Various MP’s
- and many other organisations
We have prepared 1 year for 1 day and that day is 29th September. We welcome you to the event on behalf of our team of 60 incredible change makers that includes police officers, professors, corporate executives, students, doctors, fire fighters, government officials and many more. Experience Your Life is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of students and young professionals who are seeking to discover themselves and their passions while making a positive impact on the world. The Expo has grown to be one of the largest empowerment events in Ontario. We target a very specific demographic of positive change makers / risk takers who are seeking direction in their career.
- Please bring a printed copy of your tickets. We are going to be a sold-out event and this is required for you to enter the event.
- The location is Novotel Mississauga. Plan your commute to be there on time. We highly recommend that you do not drive up to the hotel as the event is really busy. It is best to park in a distance and walk over or take public transport.
- Research the organizations and executives attending. This is truly an incredible opportunity so prepare well for it.
- Come early – the first 100 attendees get a gift bag of $40+ value. The Expo opens at 11 and the lineup starts at 10:30 a.m. or before
- Plan your visit so you are there for a very special launch event at 1:00 p.m. . We are on a mission to build 100 libraries and have completed 18 so far around the world. Bring some books to donate. We are building libraries around the world and your books will help make a real difference. This initiative is designed to illuminated the planet with the brilliance of knowledge. We have a 150 people capacity for this session so signup early !
- If you have breakout room ticket, please make sure you arrive early. There are only 9 spots per executive on the roundtable and they will be assigned on a first come first serve basis on the day of the event.
- If you don’t have a breakout room ticket, you can still be on the waitlist. We will assign you a seat in case there is a cancellation or no-show.
Important Expo information:
- Date: Sunday, September 29, 2018
- Main expo hall open to all attendees (tradeshow style format): 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. This room contains 50 incredible organizations. These include federal and provincial employers, entrepreneur accelerator zone, travel with purpose opportunities and many more.
- Breakout sessions: Schedule to be advised
- Location: Novotel Toronto Mississauga Centre, 3670 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
- Parking: Paid parking at the Hotel (approximately 10 dollars) as well as complimentary parking at nearby Square One shopping mall. We highly recommend that you take public transport or park away from the hotel and walk over.
- Accommodation (for out of town guests): There are a number of hotels in close proximity to downtown Mississauga including the Novotel which is where the event it taking place. We recommend you stay at Novotel and mention the event for a special rate.
Arrival times and process:
- Please approach the registration desk and present your ticket. Please sign up for the breakout sessions that you will be attending as it is on a first come first serve basis.
- A reminder that as per the conditions of your ticket absolutely no business solicitation is permitted. We strictly enforce this policy.
Breakout room schedule: Real Leaders, Real Impact (the executives will stay briefly after their session to talk with general attendees. You may get a chance to speak with them even if you don’t have the breakout room ticket). 2018 excecutives will be announced soon. As an example, here is the list for 2017
- 11:45 to 12:45: Youth roundtable with the following leaders (100 youths total):
- Special Guest: RCMP Assistant Commissioner Jennifer Strachan
- Khalil Alfar: Microsoft Canada Lead for Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) business
- Dan Bloch: Vice President, Oracle Corporation.
- Wanda Fong: Senior Client Partner for Financial Services at Facebook
- Laurel Larcombe: Director of Consulting and Professional Services, CGI
- Rekha Narang: Director of Services at Microsoft Consulting Services Canada
- Shafiq Amarsi: Head of Americas Sales Strategy & Operations at Amazon Web Services
- Scott Bowman: Senior Director, Ontario at Futurpreneur Canada
- Kevin Hendershot: Principal & Client Manager, Mercer Canada Toronto
- Jeff Vogan: Business owner, Commercial, Sports and Event Photography Services
- 1:00 to 1:30: Book launch and project update – Library in a Week by Sultan Akif (Founder Experience Your Life) The mission of this project is to illuminate the planet with the brilliance of knowledge by building libraries. See the following link for the 18 libraries we have built in one year alone. Please do bring any books with you that you would like to donate.
- 1:45 to 2:45: Youth round table with the following leaders (100 youths total):
- Dr. Lindy Ledohowski (B.A., B.Ed., M.A., Ph.D.): Board of Trustees of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and CEO of Essay Jack
- Simon Ethier: Aviation, Forest Fire Emergency & Emergency Services (AFFES) for Ministry of Natural Resources. We want to call out the incredible efforts of MNR AFFES at the front lines of BC wildfires. Simon was recently deployed in BC.
- Kendra Kincade: Air Traffic Controller. Founder and Board Chairman of Elevate Aviation
- Jazzmine Lawton: Executive Director for Youth Troopers for Global Awareness
- Alice Li: Miss Toronto 2017, PwC Assurance
- Kevin Whyte: Director of Government Relations with Sutherland Corporation
- Greg Madeley: Professor & Founder of Hands Across the Nations
- Imran Mian: Senior Executive at mobileLIVE
- Nofel Izz: Entrepreneur / Inventor
Call to action:
- Please increase awareness of the Expo and your participation through your network. Let’s make a difference together !
- The energy around the event is like no other and we are looking forward to share it with you.